Men's Retreat 2018
Life in our busy and distracted world often tempts us to get stuck in the “thick of thin things.” Too easily we get sidetracked from pursuing what matters most. As men we must consider carefully the Apostle Paul's exhortation:
- “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:1–3, ESV)
The men of GBC are invited to gather together Friday – Saturday, March 23-24 for a men’s retreat where we will give focused attention to these life-giving words.
We will camp out at the Allen property in Zephyrhills. If you don’t have camping gear don’t let that keep you away. We can work together to arrange enough tent space for you. Bring a hunger for good food, Christian fellowship, and God’s Word. Fathers are encouraged to bring their sons who have entered into young manhood.
Please pray for our time together. Ask God for it to be a great time for “iron to sharpen iron” (Prov 27:17).
- Arrive - 5:30 pm
- Dinner - 6 pm - 7 pm
- Music - 7 pm - 7:15 pm
- Bible Study #1 (Eph. 4:1-6)- 7:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Music - 7:45 pm - 8 pm
- Bible Study #2 (Eph. 4:7-10)- 8 pm - 8:15 pm
- Prayer - 8:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Open fellowship/games - 8:30 pm -
- Breakfast - 8 am - 9 am
- Music - 9:15 am - 9:30 am
- Bible Study #3 (Eph. 4:11-14) - 9:30 am - 10 am
- Music - 10 am - 10:30 am
- Bible Study #4 (Eph. 4:15-16) - 10:30 am - 10:45 am
- Prayer - 10:45 am - 11:00 am
- Lunch - 11:30 am - 12 pm
- Open fellowship/games - 12 pm - 2 pm